Ferring Pharmaceuticals Recognizes National Infertility Awareness Week®
- National Infertility Awareness Week® seeks to inspire, educate and activate the fertility community to speak up about infertility to help drive change.
Parsippany, NJ, USA – April 24, 2023 – Ferring Pharmaceuticals today announced its unwavering support of National Infertility Awareness Week® (NIAW; April 23-29, 2023), the
largest public awareness campaign focused on infertility. Founded in 1989 by RESOLVE: The National Infertility Association, the goal of NIAW is to destigmatize infertility by changing the conversation through education and to address barriers to access for family building options.
As a federally recognized health observance since 2010, NIAW encourages the fertility community to use their voices to raise awareness about infertility, advocate for policies to help increase access to fertility care and create connections with others who are navigating fertility journeys. During NIAW, RESOLVE will also partner with The American Society for Reproductive Medicine (ASRM) for Federal Advocacy Day (Tuesday, April 25), where advocates will meet with Members of Congress to share personal stories and discuss important issues, such as access to fertility care for the millions of Americans who need it.
“We applaud RESOLVE for their tremendously impactful work to create a better understanding about infertility and increase access to care for all aspiring parents,” said Jade Shields, Vice President, Government Affairs and Public Policy, Ferring Pharmaceuticals. “Partnerships with organizations like RESOLVE and ASRM are critically important to us and inspire our mission to support the diverse needs of the fertility community by providing differentiated therapies and resources.”
In recognition of NIAW, Ferring is making a pledge that underscores its more than fifty-year history of being at the forefront of innovation in reproductive medicine and maternal health to help more people become parents.
Ferring’s pledge aims to:
- Activate stakeholders across the fertility community, including healthcare providers, advocacy and professional organizations, aspiring parents, partners, and Ferring’s employees to raise awareness and foster a deeper understanding about infertility, dispel myths and share personal stories and expertise.
- Deploy differentiated resources that support healthcare providers and aspiring parents as they navigate unique fertility journeys and seek community support.
- Advocate for policies to address the most critical issues we face, such as increasing access to care, improving research for infertility and addressing underlying conditions that impact fertility for both women and men.
- Pursue innovative approaches in assisted reproductive technology to advance new treatments and resources in fertility care to better support different family building needs.
Healthcare providers can learn more about Ferring’s investment in science, innovative portfolio of therapies, support programs and more at www.FerringFertility.com.
Additionally, Ferring offers Fertility Out Loud, a platform and social community designed to support aspiring parents experiencing fertility challenges by helping them navigate insurance coverage, find a fertility specialist, or access a fertility coach. Fertility Out Loud also shares stories and guidance from people who have been there themselves via Instagram, Facebook and YouTube. Aspiring parents can find help to speak up and take action at www.FertilityOutLoud.com.
About Ferring Pharmaceuticals
Ferring Pharmaceuticals is a research-driven, specialty biopharmaceutical group committed to helping people around the world build families and live better lives. In the United States, Ferring is a leader in reproductive medicine and maternal health, uro-oncology and in specialty areas within gastroenterology, including microbiome therapeutics, and orthopaedics. For more information, call 1-888-FERRING (1-888-337-7464) or visit www.ferringusa.com.
Director, Brand Communications